Fall Decor DIY: Knob Top Pumpkins
I love pumpkins! Every year it seems I’m looking for another way to incorporate them into my fall décor. You may remember my blog from last year that was also all about pumpkins. (Fall Decorating DIY: Pumpkin Decorating). This year, I love everything neutral, natural and white. I love decorating with artificial pumpkins that can be brought out year after year. While perusing Pinterest, I came across this adorable idea for vintage knob pumpkins and fell in love. They solve the problem of the fake looking stems on artificial pumpkins plus, they are just plain cute! They work wonderfully in my farmhouse inspired kitchen and the soft natural look is just the style I was looking for. Here is how I gave simple, standard, orange pumpkins a unique flair.
Related: Fall Wreath DIY: Step-by-Step
- Faux pumpkins in various sizes
- Whimsical knobs
- Antique white paint and foam brush
- Hot Glue Gun
- Wire cutters (to remove stems)
- Paint pumpkins. Allow first coat to dry and apply a second coat to cover more thoroughly.
- Using wire cutters, remove artificial stem.
- Glue decorative knobs into the spot where the old stem was using hot glue gun.
Enjoy making your own one of a kind styled pumpkins! Have fun mixing and matching knobs and different sized pumpkins. I’m still searching for some smaller sized artificial pumpkins to scatter throughout the house and add miniature knobs to. All this talk about pumpkins has me craving a pumpkin spice latte and some pumpkin bread! Happy Fall All~