This weekend preview for September 25-27, 2015 is sponsored by RiverStone Health
- Women’s Volleyball: RMC VS Montana Western – Friday, September 25 @ 7pm, Fortin Center.
- Billings Walk for Children with Apraxia of Speech – Saturday, September 26 @ 8am (registration), 9am start. Held at ZooMontana, the walk is either 1.5 or 3 miles. $20/adult, $10/child. Event includes raffles and animal encounters.
- Yellowstone Valley Farmers’ Market – Saturday, September 26 @ 8am-12pm. The season is winding down, so be sure to head downtown for one of the last Farmers’ Markets of the season.
- Women’s Soccer: MSU-Billings VS Concordia – Saturday, September 26 @ 12pm, Yellowjacket Soccer Field
- Men’s Soccer: MSU-Billings VS Simon Fraser U – Saturday, September 26 @ 4pm, Yellowjacket Soccer Field
- Yellowstone Chamber Players Concert – Sunday, September 27 @ 3pm, Yellowstone Art Museum
Pioneer Park – Billings Public Schools
Saturday, September 26, 2015 @ 10am-4pm
Nothing quite says we’re back in the swing of things like Saturday Live, so get ready to play, play, play at this beloved back to school carnival!
This jam-packed day of family fun gets started with a 2-mile Fun Run/Walk, sponsored by Billings Clinic. Same day registration and packet pick-up begins at 7:45am, run at 9am.
Live entertainment will be ongoing with a variety of dancers, singers, musicians, and comedians, and animal encounters provided by ZooMontana. New this year is an old-fashioned pie eating contest, featuring local school celebrities!
The carnival includes fun for all ages. Returning Saturday Live favorites include the Haunted House, Troll Bridge, a climbing wall, rubber duck races, Nerf games, and a dunking booth. Beyond that families can expect over 80 booths of fun! All of that activity, of course you know there will be plenty of food and beverages to fuel you through the day. Whether you need to satisfy your sweet tooth or nibble on something more substantial, there will be plenty of variety.
Saturday Live offers free Shuttle Service at two locations every 15-30 minutes all day. One shuttle bus runs from the Billings Clinic lot at 30th Street and 9th Avenue and the other runs from the MSU-Billings parking lot on Virginia Lane and Rimrock. Drop off/pick up at the Zimmerman Center.
Home Builders Association of Billings
2015 Parade of Homes
September 19-20 | September 26-27
Saturdays 10am-5pm, Sundays 12-5pm
Tickets: $10/person (13+, 12 years and younger free)
It’s the last weekend to catch the gorgeous Parade of Homes, so if you’re looking for a new home, dreaming the dream of a new home or looking for ideas for updating your current home, or maybe you just want to be wowed, then you’ll want to add the Parade of Homes to your list of things to do this weekend. This fall’s Parade of Homes features 12 homes by 11 different builders – with a little something for everybody. This is an event that can help you find a builder, as well as getting ideas for decorating, painting, landscaping…
Tickets can be purchased at www.hbabillings.net/parade-of-homes/ or any of the 12 homes. A list of the addresses are available on the website.
- 2015 Nutcracker auditions – Saturday, September 26 @ 10:30am-2:30pm. For the full scoop go to Let’s Dance: Billings Symphony Holds 2015 Nutcracker Auditions
- 2015 Buddy Walk – Saturday, October 3 @ 10am. For more information or to register, check out Mark Your Calendar! Billings Buddy Walk
CASA Superhero Run/Walk
Sunday, October 4, 2015 @ 1:30pm, Kids Run/2pm, 5k
Every child needs a hero, but abused children need Superheroes!
Dig out your cape and tights and grab your shield to get on the move in support of Yellowstone CASA’s efforts on behalf of abused and neglected children in Yellowstone County! The day includes a kids run, 5k, food vendors, and the Montana Chapter for Heroes Alliance will be on hand (in full costume) for photo ops. You might also want to give your Superhero ensemble the Edna Mode (a la The Incredibles) treatment, as there will be a Costume Contest with prizes being awarded for Best Traditional or Invented in the following categories: Adult, Boys, Girls, Baby, and a Best Super Group/Family Costume.
Learn more about Court Appointed Special Advocates of Yellowstone County: www.yellowstonecasa.org.