This weekend preview for August 7-9, 2015 is brought to you by RiverStone Health
This weekend is not only MontanaFair’s kick off of #100YearsOfFun celebration, there’s plenty of additional fun for the whole family to experience, including a serious home stretch for the Billings Mustangs, Downtown Billings’ Summer ArtWalk, ZooMontana’s first ever LemonZOOade Day, Rimrock Mall’s teen Back to School Block Party/’Words Hurt’ Anti-Bullying Rally. Read on to learn more about these great events and for a full look at the weekend’s happenings, be sure to pop by SFM’s online calendar!
MiLB: Billings Mustangs VS Ogden
Thursday & Friday, August 6 & 7 @ 7:05pm; Saturday, August 8 @ 6:05pm; Sunday, August 9 @ 1:05pm
There are plenty of opportunities to take out the family for a night at the ballpark, as the Billings Mustangs are running a stretch at home from August 6-12. Some promotions to keep in mind as you’re choosing your evening/day at the ballfield:
- Thursday, August 6 is Raise the Roof in RED Night. Join Billings Clinic Cardiology in supporting the American Heart Association in its efforts to reduce disability and deaths caused by cardiovascular disease and stroke by wearing red to the game.
- Friday, August 7 the beloved ZOOperstars! return to Dehler Park for their only appearance in 2015. The ZOOperstars! will rock the house with routines that fans of all ages will love. Crazy animals. Silly names. Funny stuff. ZOOperstars!
- Saturday, August 8 is Mustangs Team Trading Card Night. The first 750 fans through the gates will receive a 2015 Mustangs Team Baseball Card Set, compliments of Stockman Bank.
- Sunday, August 9 is Friends and Family Day: 4 Reserved Seat Tickets, 4 Hot Dogs, 4 Soft Drinks and 4 Official Mustangs Scorecards for only $29.00, presented by: BNSF. After every Sunday home game it’s also, Kids Run the Bases. Kids are allowed to run the bases like their favorite Mustangs players, courtesy of Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Montana.
August 7-15, 2015
Summertime staple, MontanaFair, is officially upon us! As the family gears up for this year’s big adventure we’ve got the details on a few notable deals and special days as well as ways to enjoy the fair without breaking the bank.
Deals & Days @ MontanaFair:
- Get $2 off coupons at montanafair.com, Bennion Lambourne Orthodontics, The Dog Spot, Wendy’s, and Ahead of the Curve.
- Aug 10 Senior’s Day, Free gate admission for Senior Citizen’s age 65+, 12-5pm. Bring grandma and grandpa out for some fair fun – and snag some free ice cream at the Community Stage, 1-3pm. And…
- KULR8 Buddy Night – Buy 1-Get 1 gate and ride deal 6pm-12am.
- Aug 12-Kid’s Day, Kids 12 and younger admitted free 12-5pm with any empty Pepsi product container.
- Aug 14-Veteran’s Day, Veterans get in free with a military ID.
- Saturdays, Aug 8 & 15– $10 days at the Mighty Thomas Carnival – ride 7 rides for $10 (purchase tickets between 12-5pm, honored until midnight).
- Aug 10-14, 12-5pm– Discounted afternoon ride wristbands ($21, regularly priced $30). Aug 11, 6pm-12am is Hot 101.9 Ride Til-U Drop Night with discounted wristbands.
- Free entertainment will dazzle daily from multiple stages around the fairgrounds – from Kid’s World to the Community Stage. Full schedule: montanafair.com/entertainment/9.
- An estimated 10,000 exhibitors display their work at the fair – you never know what you might discover! (Livestock & Agriculture- Expo Center, SuperBarn, Ag Building; Youth Art- Exhibit Hall; Fine Art & Photography- Cedar Hall; Hobby Hall- Exhibit Hall).
- Master Gardeners Demonstration Garden has added a second garden by Kid’s World next to the NILE office.
Fun 4-H Finds:
- Aug 8, 2pm 100 Years of Fun Activities-Expo Small Bay.
- Aug 9, 6:30pm 4-H Showcase-Community Stage
- Aug 11, 9am 4-H Dog Show-SuperBarn
- Aug 12, 1pm Foods Festival/Edible Arts Display/Stir Ups Contest-Expo Small Bay AND 6:30pm Costume Animal Parade-Expo Center
Friday, August 7, 2015 @ 5-9pm
Map/Participating Sites: www.artwalkbillings.com
Experience art in the Magic City with Summer ArtWalk throughout Downtown Billings with over three dozen galleries, studios, museums, and other venues participating. This self-guided event provides the opportunity to view and purchase original art, meet artists, gallery owners, and museum staff, as well as get hands on with art at various locations. It’s a perfect family date night with kiddo activities happening at:
- The YAM invites you to check out (and participate in) the Art in Action exhibition. Come in and create artwork right on the walls!
- ArtWalk artist Kyle Ploehn will participate in a children’s art activity on the sidewalk at First Congregational Church.
- Better To Gather Events offers an interactive artistic experience featuring live demos on salvaged art, macramé, and henna.
- Hit the streets and get ArtWalk-ing to discover more family friendly activities!
(Don’t forget to check out Art Alley between Pug Mahon’s and Good Earth Market!)
Saturday, August 8 @ 11am-4pm
Support a variety of young entrepreneurs at ZooMontana’s first LemonZOOade Day – fun, food, and a variety of kid-run Lemonade Stands. In addition to experiencing an assortment of lemonades, sure to tickle the taste buds, there will be activities, entertainment, and food all day!
- 10am-12pm – Live remote by Planet 106.7
- 11am – Billings Youth Orchestra
- 12pm – Heights Elite Dance
- 1pm – Lemon Pie Eating Contest
- 2pm – Brain Culture – Canon Parker
- 3pm – Award Announcements
Tips for Participants: Unleash your creativity and draw customers to your well-decorated stand. Things that cannot be used to decorate: balloons, straws, confetti or silk flower petals. Don’t forget a box with lid to hold your earnings (and starting off with some change is always a good plan). Kiddos can keep their proceeds, donate them back to the Zoo, or split their earnings with the Zoo! Prizes will be awarded to participants for Judges’ Choice, People’s Choice, Best Theme, and Best Decorated Stand.
Summer Block Party/’Words Hurt’ Anti-Bullying Rally
Saturday, August 8, 2015 @ 12-4pm
Rimrock Mall is hosting a Back to School Block Party with a ‘Words Hurt’ anti-bullying rally on Saturday, August 8, 2015 at 12-4pm in the mall’s parking lot near 24th Street. The event will include a special message from local teen, Silke Adams who will be sharing how bullying has impacted her life. Representatives will also be on hand providing anti-bullying and suicide prevention resources to teens.
This event is not only a rally, but also a party, so your teen can expect live music from Reid Perry, Jessica Lechner, and Hugh Healow. There will be pizza, soda, games, a fashion show, swag bags, prizes, and more!
Consider this a call for all teens to come out and kick off the back to school season right while taking a “Stand Against Bullying”!
For a full look at the weekend’s happenings, be sure to check out SFM’s community calendar!