This weekend preview for June 18-21, 2015 in Billings is brought to you by RiverStone Health.
This Father’s Day weekend there are plenty of opportunities for family fun; here are just a few you might consider adding to the calendar! (And yes, we’re starting your weekend early with some fabulous Thursday happenings!)
Thursday, June 18, 2015
- Gardeners’ Market runs Thursdays June 11-Oct. 1. 4:30-6:30pm. @ South Park – corner of S. 28thStreet & 6th Avenue South. Expect low-cost locally grown fruits & veggies and hands-on activities, including EFNEP cooking classes. Accepts SNAP, WIC, debit, and credit cards. Weather permitting. healthybydesignyellowstone.org/initiatives/gardenersmarket.
- Billings Mustangs Home Opener! MiLB: Billings Mustangs VS Great Falls, 7:05pm @ Dehler Park. (The first 2,500 fans through the gates will receive a Mustangs Magnetic Schedule, compliments of Pepsi-Cola).
HRDC at ZooMontana
Play Date at the Zoo
Thursday, June 18 @ 4-8pm
HRDC invites families with children ages 0-8 for a free play date at the Zoo! With plenty of food, fun, and fabulous to go around, this event is also about connecting families with information on various early childhood programs in the Billings area. Including HRDC staff being on hand to inform folks about their Best Beginnings Childhood scholarship – a program that subsidizes childcare for working families.
The Play Date at the Zoo, which includes free admission to the Zoo during the event (and free food and fun), is bringing Miss Montana, Victoria Valentine, out to talk the benefits of reading and pass out books. The Billings Wolves will also be hosting a Football Toss and signing autographs. Other fun activities include face painting, bean bag toss, fish and duck pond, sensory tables for the littles, an obstacle course (sponsored by the YMCA), animal walk – a.k.a. musical chairs, and a scavenger hunt. On top of all that Super Heroes will be making appearances throughout the afternoon.
There will also be plenty of parking this year with Pierce Mobile Homes opening up their lot for the event.
Friday, June 19, 2015
- Cinematic Escapes: ‘Double Indemnity.’ 3pm. Billings Public Library, Community Room. Drawing inspiration from The American Film Institute’s 50 Greatest Heroes and Villains list.
MiLB: Billings Mustangs VS Great Falls Voyagers
Friday, June 19, 2015 @ 7:05pm
In addition to the Billings Mustangs taking the home field for the second time this 2015 season, the always-popular ZOOperstars! return to Dehler Park for their only appearance in 2015. Making this a can’t-miss game for all families! The ZOOperstars! will rock the house with routines that fans of all ages will love. Crazy animals. Silly names. Funny stuff. ZOOperstars! Presented by Canyon Creek Memory Care
Movies in the Park: Annie (2014)
Friday, June 19, 2015 @ Dusk
Bring out the family for a free viewing of Annie – the 2014 version starring Quvenzhané Wallis, Cameron Diaz, and Jamie Foxx at Veterans Park. Be sure to bring your blankets and chairs for this movie experience under the stars! Billings Kiwanis will also have concessions available and a portion of the proceeds from concessions sold during this feature will benefit Forever Families.
Next Movie: July 3 @ Rose Park – Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.
Saturday, June 20, 2015
- 36th Annual Heart & Sole Race – 8am, 5K start; 8:25am, 2-Mile start; 8:40am, 10K start; 8am-12pm, Montana Active Life Festival at Dehler Park (music, kids’ events, interactive booths). Races start in front of St. Vincent Healthcare, N 30thSt, finish at Dehler Park. Proceeds benefit YMCA Annual Campaign and Billings trail system. https://heartandsolerace.org.
- Yellowstone Highland Games, 9am-3pm @ ZooMontana. Scottish games, entertainment and food! Regular Zoo admission – free for members.
- In Good Glazes – Kids’ Wind Up Art: Monsters, 10:30am & Paint ‘Til You Faint, 7pm-2am. ($10, plus projects. Dads & Grads are free, plus projects).
MetraPark, Upper Parking Lot
Billings’ Biggest Garage Sale
Saturday, June 20, 2015 @ 7am-3pm
It’s the mother of all garage sales this Saturday at MetraPark, where you’ll have the opportunity to shop hundreds of garage sales in one location! Whether you’re a garage sale-ing pro or a newbie to the whole experience, you can’t deny the fabulousness of having all these garage sales happening in one place instead of having to making tracks across the city. So put on your bargaining hat and get ready to score some great deals on June 20! (Who knows, maybe you’ll find the perfect Father’s Day gift)!
Sunday, June 21, 2015 ~ Happy Father’s Day!
- All Dad’s swim for free at The Reef Indoor Water Park on Father’s Day! (with one paid admission).
- MiLB Billings Mustangs VS Missoula Osprey, 1:05pm @ Dehler Park. (Friends & Family Day- 4 reserved seat tickets, 4 hot dogs, 4 Soft Drinks and 4 Official Mustangs Scorecards for only $29.00; and Kids Run the Bases- following the game).
- Local Montana Ford Dealerships will be collecting Peanut Butter at their display at Dehler Park as part of the FOCUS ON CHILD HUNGER! Please bring peanut butter with you to the Mustangs game on Sunday June 21.
For a full look at what’s happening around town in Billings this weekend, be sure to check out SFM’s online calendar!