This weekend preview for April 10-12, 2015 is brought to you by RiverStone Health.
- Free Dyslexia Seminar – April 17, 6:30-9:30pm @ Harvest Church, 1235 West Wicks Lane. Dyslexia expert and 2009 inductee into the International Dyslexia Association’s Hall of Honor, Susan Barton, will be in Billings to speak at this seminar. This presentation is open to the public. Register at BillingsMT.EventBrite.com.
- March of Dimes March for Babies – April 25 @ 9am. Form teams and start fundraising with the goal of helping more babies get a healthy start in life. There are no fees to enter, but you will need to register at marchforbabies.org to get your team going.
- Walk MS: Billings 2015 – May 2, 9am-1pm @ St. John’s Pavilion. Register now and start fundraising today! When you participate in Walk MS, the funds you raise give hope to more than 15,000 people living with MS in our community.
- Montana Women’s Run – May 9, 5mile start-8am | 2mile start-9am. Guaranteed T-shirt Registration Deadline, April 22. Online registration closes May 7. $20/online entry, $25/paper entry. http://womensrun.org/
- Run for Heaven’s Sake – May 17, Half-marathon start-7:30am; 10K start-8:30am; 5K start-8:45am @ Rimrock Westpark. Benefits The Ramsey Keller Memorial (pays for funerals for babies under the age of 1 in MT). Register by May 9 for a t-shirt; information: kisses2heaven.com/
MetraPark Expo Center, small bay
Low-Cost Spay & Neuter Clinic
Saturday & Sunday, April 11 & 12, 2015
The Yellowstone Valley Animal Shelter and Spay Montana are joining forces to provide a low-cost Spay & Neuter Clinic, designed to provide these services for low to moderate income households (and anyone in financial distress). Cost: $40 for cates or $45 for dogs.
The scoop: You are expected to attend the clinic with your animal. You will have the option to observe the surgery, and will recover your own animal under the capable help of a volunteer. Plan on being at the clinic for 3-5 hours depending on the flow of the clinic and the needs of the animal. Please bring something to read, music to listen to, and a snack and drink if necessary.
Contact Yellowstone Valley Animal Shelter at 406-294-7387 for more information and for an appointment
* * * * * * *
Easter Seals-Goodwill & Wise Wonders Children’s Museum
Saturday, April 11, 2015 @ 10am-2pm
In recognition of Autism Awareness Month, Easter Seals-Goodwill and Wise Wonders Children’s Museum are hosting a special event at the Museum’s new location. (110 North 29th Street) The whole family is invited to come experience hands-on interactive exhibits and sensory activities in a relaxed and fun environment. Reduced admission is $3 per person.
For more information contact Laura Simonsen at 657-9740 or email@example.com
* * * * * * *
In Good Glazes
In Good Glazes Fundraising Event
Saturday, April 11, 2015 @ 10am-8pm
In 2015 In Good Glazes embarked on a mission to give back to the community hosting a “Pick One-Get 10” day each month, donating 10% of all sales that day to a local non-profit organization. In April ZooMontana will be the recipient of this generosity. Zoo representatives will be on site from 10:30am-12:30pm. During that time Maxwell the Hedgehog’s birthday will be celebrated along with a few of his zoo friends. In honor of that In Good Glazes will have ceramic hedgehogs that people can purchase and paint. The kids’ Wind Up Art (painting on canvas) will highlight Maxwell.
Registration is required for Wind Up Art. Otherwise guests can stop by anytime during the day to get creative while supporting ZooMontana. More information/register for Wind Up Art, 294-4278.
* * * * * * *
Billings Public Library
Book Character to Visit the Library
Saturday, April 11, 2015 @ 11am
You’ve seen him make the move from books to the big screen, now see him in person as Paddington Bear stops by the library for a visit, bringing him back to his literary roots. A special guest reader from the Billings Chapter of the Montana Association of the Education of Young Children will accompany Paddington Bear. She’ll be reading a Paddington Bear story (or stories!). The kids will follow up the reading(s) with a bear-themed craft and a free book will be gifted to each of the kiddos in attendance. (There will be a variety of books to choose from, including Paddington books). Don’t forget the camera!
* * * * * * *
Better to Gather
Sunday, April 12, 2015 @ 1-3pm
Register at www.bettertogather.com/new-events.
One of the best things a person can have is a box in which to store their specials. You have an opportunity to create such a box completely unique to you with ‘Hidden Treasures,’ a class taught by Katherine Jore. She’ll guide you through making a keepsake box that “empowers your imagination.” Whether you fill this box with meaningful notes or mementos, or use it as part of a Geo Caching treasure hunt, this is a class perfect for you and your kiddos.
While supplies and instruction are included in the cost of the class ($30) you are also invited to bring along any of the treasures you wish to stash inside and any images or fun paper or pictures you’d want to use on your box.