While transforming the home a bit to get it Valentine ready, I felt the need for a touch of pink on my shelves. I browsed the craft store and found these gold letters just waiting to be jazzed up with some glitter. Here is how I brought a little feminine touch into the room just in time for the day of love.
Valentine’s Day Decor: Sparkling Hugs & Kisses How-to:
- Letters X and O (resin, wood, metal or even cardboard would work well)
- Foam brush
- School Glue
- Clear polyurethane
- Start by applying a thin layer of school glue to your letter.
- Sprinkle glitter on letter to cover completely.
- Shake off excess glitter and make sure you save it for the next letter since you will have a lot of waste.
- Allow some time for the glitter to slightly dry and spray with polyurethane to seal the glitter to the letter.
- Allow letters to dry completely and display.
There you have it! They just make me happy. I am still finding glitter in the kitchen where I made these but I’m a firm believer that a girl should leave a little sparkle everywhere she goes! Mission accomplished~
Remember to spray the polyurethane outdoors or in the garage. This sounds like a no-brainer but in my haste to complete mine, I stayed inside and the fumes were horrific.
Apply glue and glitter on letters in stages. Starting with the top and moving to the front, sides etc. This makes it easier to cover the letters more thoroughly with glitter.
Another option for adhesive instead of glue would be mod podge if you have it on hand.